As promised on my Facebook page, here is my review of the Maybelline Powder Matte Lipsticks. I bought the shades Touch of Nude and Barely There.
Rating:💄💄💄(out of 5)
1) Very lightweight, feels just like there’s lip balm on your lips — which is a good thing.
2) Not drying at all. It glided on just fine without any drag. I do use lip balm before applying any other lip product though.
3) Dries completely matte without emphasizing lip lines. Looks sort of in the middle between a lip stain and a lipstick.
4) Applies super easily. Just swipe and rub your lips together.
1) Not very pigmented. I had to use many many coats to get the color close to what I expected. Well the names DO say “touch of” nude, and just “barely there.” 😂
2) Slightly patchy. Again, I had to apply many coats to make the color look uniform across my lips.
Touch of Nude is a slightly brownish red warm nude while Barely There is a cool-toned pale pink. I chose these shades because the other colors available in the store seemed too bright for my taste.
Did they earn a spot in my makeup bag? Honestly, no. I don’t think they look horrible on me by any means, but I have tons of other lipsticks in similar shades that are just slightly less comfortable to wear but more pigmented than these two. BUT for the price of only P199 or $2USD (discounted price), I do think they performed well enough for their price range. But IMO, for the same price, Maybelline’s Creamy Matte line is better.